8/7/12

Abilities Expo:


Last Saturday I was able to attend my first Abilities Expo and it was Great!!

I was so excited to meet people who could help me make a difference in my community! Where I live there is no wheelchair accessible public transportation and I’ve been trying to find a way to change this problem. I was able to meet a man who advocates for people with ‘dis’abilities and wants to help me with addressing this issue with my local government! Hopefully, together we can fix this problem!

I was able to learn about a bunch of cool things that are helpful for people like myself. Everything from 4x4 off roading wheelchairs to being able to watch and participate in wheelchair accessible sports were there! The Expo was also a wonderful way to meet people in my area who shared many of the same physical challenges I face on a day-to-day basis!
One person in particular stood out to me though… I was able to meet Auti Angel from the TV show: Push Girls! She showed me a few new dance moves and was such an inspiration to: Keep 0n Keepin’ on - With a little dance in my roll!!
Auti Angel and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment