1/18/15

The Power of Positive Thinking:

Positive thinking CAN and DOES change lives! I know this because I made the conscious decision to start changing my negative thoughts into positive thoughts & in doing this it changed my life for the Best. After I was in the car crash that altered my life forever I started to become very depressed, dwelling on all of the plans that I had made for my future no longer being possible for me to accomplish because of my injuries. I felt sorry for myself and noticed that I was becoming a very negative and unpleasant person to be around. I didn't like who I was becoming so I made the conscious decision to start changing my thoughts from negative to positive in order to become a more optimistic and delightful person. 
I had to start this journey by letting go of all my thoughts & expectations of what I thought my future should have been. Doing this was one of the hardest things that I had to learn how to do for myself because I was always one to have a plan. It took some time for me to learn that I just needed to LIVE IN THE MOMENT and appreciate every moment in this life that I am so blessed to still have.
I then needed to actively monitor all of my thinking. Every time I started to think about ‘what could have been’ or anything in a negative aspect I had to catch myself and instead focus on the positive. This was a lot of work at first but the more I did it the more natural thinking positively became. 


Making this life-changing decision was not the easiest thing for me to do.  It definitely took a lot of time and discipline to start noticing the overwhelming benefits that positive thinking had over my life but I am so happy that I stuck with it.  Even with all my everyday obstacles I am thrilled to say that I am the Happiest that I have Ever been because of my positive and optimistic thinking. I am proud to be living this wonderful life that I am so Blessed to still have!

No comments:

Post a Comment